Elderly Care in New Brunswick NJ
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. This month join with other members of the care community to raise awareness of this condition and help those who are dealing with it. Not only can your aging parent and you make a difference in the lives of people throughout the community who are affected by breast cancer, but you can also help your parent to feel more active, engaged, and relevant in the community.
Let these ideas inspire you for ways that you can work with your parent to raise awareness during Breast Cancer Awareness Month:
• Educate yourself. Work with your parent to make sure that both of you are well educated about breast cancer, its risks, and its signs and symptoms. This will help to ensure that if this condition does occur in your loved one’s later years you will be better prepared to detect it and get them in for the medical attention that they need.
• Provide comfort. There are many organizations dedicated to helping those who are dealing with cancer feel more comfortable and make the most of their lives as they cope with their condition. If your elderly parent has a specific skill or hobby that they particularly enjoy, look for an organization that can use those skills for the benefit of breast cancer patients. For example, several organizations accept handmade scarves, hats, and blankets to comfort patients in the hospital.
• Volunteer. Volunteering in the community is one of the best ways for your parent to stay active and maintain higher mental, emotional, and even physical health. Encourage your parent to find fundraising or other awareness activities in the community and get involved by volunteering. This may mean helping out with a run or a walk by handing out water, registering participants, or handing out T-shirts, or being a visitor at a hospital to bring cheer and support to the day of those who are dealing with the condition. This will give them a boost knowing that they are making a difference to those who need encouragement and love.
Starting senior care for your aging parent can be one of the best ways to help them to live the highest quality of life possible as they age in place. Regardless of what challenges, limitations, and issues they are facing, a senior home care services provider can be with your aging parent to provide them with a completely personalized approach to their care, support, and encouragement. Through these services your aging parent can maintain the highest level of independence possible while also enjoying a more active, engaged, and fulfilling lifestyle throughout their later years. When it comes to helping them to spread awareness about conditions that are meaningful to them, this senior care provider can help your parent to find volunteer opportunities, seek out organizations needing support or donations, and encourage them to live a life that is a healthy as possible so that they can remain at their best as they age in place.
If you or an aging loved one are considering elderly care in New Brunswick, NJ, please contact the caring staff at Care Street Home Care of New Brunswick today. Call (732) 607-8870.
- Challenges the Elderly May Face Every Day - March 10, 2023
- Signs Your Senior Loved One Needs Personal Care At Home - April 29, 2022
- What Do You Know About Common Geriatric Health Issues? - April 5, 2019