Senior Care in East Brunswick NJ
Aside from the warm weather, one of the best parts of June is the fact that there is an overabundance of holidays, one being National Iced Tea Month. When it is too hot for regular tea, iced tea is the perfect alternative. Not to mention how it has very few calories, is perfect for a hot, summer day, and can be made with tea you already have on hand.
Elders living alone may not have the companionship of someone to share this national holiday with, so invite other family members over or consider hiring a senior care professional. Having the assistance of an elder care provider will keep your loved one busy throughout the day, while also reminding them of any medications, appointments, or responsibilities that need to be taken care of. Once there are a few friends or caregivers ready to celebrate, make a big batch of your favorite iced tea and consider these celebration ideas.
- Make tea ice cubes. Not only is iced tea a satisfying, thirst-quenching drink, but it can also be used in other traditional drinks. “How is that possible?” you may ask. Freeze black, green, or oolong tea in an ice cube tray. Then, add the ice cubes to lemonade or tea for a unique twist on a traditional drink.
Create a fun desert. When it is hot outside, chances are you or your elderly loved one will not want to spend time whipping up a baked desert in the kitchen. Instead, create an iced tea float by pouring your favorite iced tea over a scoop of vanilla ice cream. You can also try pouring iced tea over a bowl of fresh fruit, garnished with berries. Whatever yours and your elderly parent’s favorite summer deserts are, try to incorporate iced tea into it.
- Create a big jug of iced tea ahead of time. Make a jug of double-strength iced tea in order to prepare it for the ice cubes that will be added to the drink. Once that is done, store in a jug in the refrigerator, allowing you to have a quick drink any time the mood strikes.
- Make it fancy. Whether you will be drinking the iced tea alone or are planning a tea party with family and friends, make the drink look fancy by adding cocktail picks or toothpicks to create a strawberry skewer. An orange or lime slice can also be placed on the ice for a little something extra. Add a little something extra to each drink to make regular iced tea more exciting.
If your elderly loved one is a tea drinker, try out these Iced Tea Month celebration ideas in order to add more excitement and fun to the month of June for both of you.
If you or an aging loved one are considering senior care in East Brunswick, NJ, please contact the caring staff at Care Street Home Care of New Brunswick today. Call (732) 607-8870.
- Signs Your Senior Loved One Needs Personal Care At Home - April 29, 2022
- What Do You Know About Common Geriatric Health Issues? - April 5, 2019
- National Caffeine Awareness Month: How Much Caffeine is Too Much Caffeine? - March 15, 2019